Saturday, November 10, 2007

NO FEAR IN LOVE @ HOR

Dear Reader;

I trust all is well and the name of our God is magnified and glorified in our lives, Amen.As I prayed and meditate in the past few months following the first anniversary of House Of Rainbow, I want you to understand the impact of the Holy Spirit over me.I follow the example of the Lord, who is merciful and gracious, slow in anger and plenteous in mercy and loving kindness. Psalm 103v8

Now I must get rid of all these things; anger, passion, and hateful feelings. No insults or obscene talk must ever come from my lips. Colossians 3v8

I thank God who has made me equal to the task, Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank him for judging me worthy of this trust and appointing me to God's service. 1 Tim 1v12

When I think of many things in the past few months, I hear the Holy Spirit saying these verses to me and I recall the very principle adopted by House Of Rainbow (HOR), which is no fear in love.

Isaiah 55v 10-11, says "For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth. It shall not return to Me void but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose and it shall prosper in the things for which I sent it"HOR shall accomplish its mandate and shall prosper in all things for which God sent it. It doesn’t matter who we are or where we have been or where we are going. "but Christ died for us while we were yet sinners and that is God's own proof of God's love towards us" Roman 5v8.

I am sending this note to remind you and others of the love of God in our lives, our ministries and to end the needless bigotry and snide remarks that Satan has developed amongst us to fuel anger.I decided to be quiet, because I needed to find time to talk to God. And I always believe in God, in my call and the mission.

It is important to note that there is no fear in love 1 John 4v18, this passage has been the greatest insight of knowledge. The bible admonish us to Let brotherly love continue among us. God has not given us a spirit of fear, nor cowardice (timidity), but of power, love and sound mind (self discipline) [to inspire strength, love and self discipline].If surely there is anything that deeply trouble you of great concern you simply have to take this to God in prayers and ask (me) your leader. Some clarifying questions will be better off, this is far favorable than inviting a dividing spirit which allow Satan to rule and laugh over us.

I continue to pray and wish we are able to move to the next stage of ministry. I want you to know that unless we confess our sins and confess Jesus as a witness, our Lord and savior and love each other has Christ has loved us, we cannot move forward.I have made an administrative decision to hold services monthly until further notice. This is primarily due to lack of funds.

There are no givers in HOR. The next service therefore is scheduled and will be open to all on the 2nd December 2007, 10.30am. We are working on getting a venue. This service will determine whether or not we can hold services in the new year, it also depends on you too, where your heart is.If you believe it, you need to understand that we are God's representatives in the earth, God's mouthpiece to the LGBT and marginalized communities. This must reflect in our daily walk with God and our attitude towards all things, our natural being and of course towards each other.

The Holy Spirit has been faithful to HOR and let me remind you some of them;We have held regular worship including four special events in Nigeria for over one year and there has been no disruptions of any kind by hoodlums nor the authorities. - God is faithful.

We have grown in numbers, over 1,500 people statistically attended all our programmes, activities and worship. - God is faithful.

We have exceeded 300 on our main contact database. - God is faithful.

There are times that I get tired and weary but I continue to keep my eyes on the prize and the task not the attitude of selected few. I don’t believe I would be where I am today, without the trust and faith in God, had I not applied this powerful biblical principle in my life.

The leader, the great man or woman, does not say, The end justifies the means but the great person says, there is no end and even though it may cost me, I am not going to give them what they want, if all they want is a lie.We need to consider our positions and allow things to change.

Ezekiel 37, talked about breathing new life into dry bones, responding to healing through the power of God.

I want you to consider a few words of scriptures;Psalm 45v7 - " I love righteousness, uprightness and right standing with God and hate wickedness; therefore God, my God, has anointed me with the oil of gladness"

Acts 23v1 - We all should be able to boldly say "...up to this day (or from this day) I have lived my life with a clear conscience before God"

2 Chronicles 7v14 - "I am one of God's chosen people; I am called by God's name. If I humble myself, pray, seek, crave and require of necessity the face of God and turn from my wicked ways, then will God hear from heaven, forgive my sin and heal my land"

1 Peter 2v9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of God who called you out of darkness into God's marvelous light"I close this reflection by expressing my undivided love to all and my commitment to the mission of HOR, Lagos Nigeria.

Your Pastor Rev Jide

No comments: