Well if the report was of bad homosexual behaviour or activities, how come that there is no report of the good homosexual relationships? I am not surprised that is why Jesus never said anything contrary to homosexuals rather Jesus focussed on the discrepancies and hypocrisy of the religious leaders of his time.
The bible said Slaves to obey their masters, did it say White European should be the masters or did it say Black people or non europeans should be the slaves? What happened was that slavery was initiated by supremacy of one race over the other.
21st theological interpretation ought to inform many that somethings are wrong in the way mainline Christian folks are discriminating against homosexuals. I say clearly to the growing number of homosexual Christians in our church in Lagos Nigeria that the interpretation of bad homosexuality was an intention to confuse people, gay people, their allies, friends and families.
With that understanding, it is also important to note that God is not partial in creating some heterosexual and some homosexual so that one group of people may have dominion in abusing and insulting the other group, would it have been the case that black people where created so white people can enslave us? I dont think so. Perhaps our mothers, wives and sisters where created so men can dominate them and abuse them. Well then lets look at the justification for discrimination. Some based their arguments on the fact that homosexuality is not part of the African culture and I am sure that there has been a larger cry out of Nigeria about how God hated gays and well spoken by Religious superiors who the bible would describe as suffering from religious blinded.
A story in the Bible i love so much is the story of the woman who married seven brothers and after they all died, the disciples of Jesus posed a question, that when she gets to heaven which of the seven brothers will be her husband, Jesus response was most profound when he responded and said we are not giving in marriage in heaven and that getting to heaven we are going to be like angels, The consolation at least for gays and lesbians is that our sexual orientation that the world is trying to kill us for, ostracize us, reject us, alienate us, is not relevant for a passage to heaven.
The seriousness of sexual orientation and religion begs the question of a possible third gender, "Intersex". Three children in a family, one male, one female and one intersex, are we to say that the intersex was not a gift or the creation of God? then we are asking the parent to be ungrateful. The same applies to sexual orientation and identity, homosexuality as well as heterosexuality should be embraced and welcomed in our societies.
In our Vision Statement we claim that House Of Rainbow is on a bold mission to transform hearts, lives, and history. We are a movement that faithfully proclaims God’s inclusive love for all people and proudly bears witness to the holy integration of spirituality and sexuality.
· InclusionLove is our greatest moral value and resisting exclusion is a primary focus of our ministry. We want to continue to be the conduits of a faith where everyone is included in the family of God, and where all parts of our being are welcomed at God’s table.
· CommunityOffering a safe and open community for people to worship, learn and grow in their faith is our deep desire. We are committed to equipping ourselves and each other to do the work that God has called us to do in the world.
· Spiritual TransformationProviding a message of liberation from the oppressive religious environment of our day or to those experiencing God for the first time, is what guides our ministry. We believe that when people are invited to experience God through the life and ministry of Christ, lives will be transformed.
· Social ActionWorking to talk less and do more, we are committed to resisting the structures that oppress people and standing with to those who suffer under the weight of oppressive systems, being guided always by our commitment to Global Human Rights.
· Motto: “No Fear In Love…” 1 John 4:18