Friday, October 23, 2009

Threatened with Death

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil.1:21

When I took on the task of teaching and preaching the “inclusive gospel of Jesus Christ” little did I comprehend the violence towards me, let alone my community, friends and family. I continue to hold on to my faith in Christ and knowing that the principle of God’s love for all people is still the same.

Matthew 5:43- 45a “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbour and hate your enemy’ But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of God in heaven”

I was faced in Nigeria within two years the harrowing task of protecting myself and others from violence simply for the fact that we wanted the freedom to be, freedom to worship God as God’s legitimate Children who just happen to be sexual minorities amongst other things.

Jesus and his disciples had a dialogue in Matthew 19 concerning divorce, adultery and other issues, in verse 10, “The disciples said to Jesus, if this is the situation between husband and wife, it is better not to marry” recognising the difficulties and challenges of the world at the time and yet to come in verses 11 and 12 “Jesus replied, Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. For some are eunuchs (gay) because they were born that way, others were made that way by men, and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

What people in our society, especially in Africa and particularly in Nigeria is asking us to accept is the normative standard of heterosexual lifestyle. This cannot be compatible with the illustration of Jesus as many do not wish to understand the differences we embody in Christ.

My home was vandalised early September 2008 followed by abusive notes and comments on our video blog, www.youtube.com/houseofrainbow I have listed below the notes sent to me recently.

One thing I know and I will say is that I am not ashamed of the inclusive gospel of Christ that includes everyone and I will continue to work until everyone is present around the communion table of Christ. “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes” Rom 1:16.

There are many more threats, intimidation, oppression, cruelty which does not fit in the agenda of God, In John 15:18-20 “If the world hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you. 19If you belonged to the world,* the world would love you as its own. Because you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world—therefore the world hates you. 20Remember the word that I said to you, “Servants* are not greater than their master.” If they persecuted me, they will persecute you”

Please feel free to view our video blog. www.youtube.com/houseofrainbow

More love more power

Revd Rowland Jide Macaulay

Subject: Comment posted on "Nigerian Homosexual Pastor Introduced" From: chykxx Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:55:45 -0700
"My Dear... Personaly i am coming after you and I will KILL You.... You will die and not live.. ANTICHRIST in Nigeria, God forbid.. I will seek you and Kill you Satan"

From: Martins .Andrew Oshen Subject: You are are warnedDate: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 4:23 PM

I pray to God that your place in hell be permanently constructed for you jide and your fellowers.

We do not need you in Nigeria, Nigeria is a God own Nation and her people, God's, i represent the Political Youths of Nigeria and soon, we will judge you on earth...

If you know what is good for you, close that pit of hell and leave Nigeria, i will not warn you again and when next i had ro sound a warning, it will be directed to your parents and siblings...

From: Martins .Andrew Oshen Subject: We have not started yet with you...Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 9:26 AM

For and foremust, i do not know to address you.

Regarding Jide's stand on homosexuality and his courage to fixe up that gay hotel called church in lagos, he has insulted us as a nation, why did he not open his church in london where he claimed to have grown and schooled?.

For your information, i work for the Federal Republic as a youth leader on appointment and in no distance time, if the House of Rainbow is not closed down, i assure you that we will not only close it ourselves, we will burn it down and God willing, if we lay hands on Jide Macaulay, he will be at the left hand side of God and if we don't, i repeat, if we dont, then there will be no other option than to seek redress within his immediate family.

Tell him that there is no place to run to ot hide in Nigeria, i have personally obtained his residential address and those of his parents and siblings up to his home town, the best thing to do is close that evil house of a church and return back to the UK where our other members will be willing to recieve him...

For three years, we have watched him from a distance hoping he will get to understand the Nigerian religious society but he didn't and now, we have decided to do it our way, not even his local, state or even the Federal Government will be able to help him way when we come looking for him.

Be warmed...

1 comment:

Rev. David Mundy said...

Dear Jide,

I am so sorry to hear that you are subject to these ignorant and hateful threats. How such people can claim to be called Christian is beyond me. You and I both know that such nasty language is not in the spirit of Christ.