Saturday, January 23, 2010

There Is More To Life Than Increasing Its Speed

23rd January 2010

“There Is More To Life Than Increasing Its Speed”

Life is only on track, you cannot fast forward nor rewind, I do believe you can learn from the past and if we admit that we are prone to making mistakes and willing to make corrections, there is more to life in the slow lane. We must slow to savour the present and I have learnt to slow down by engaging with the realities in my life and be able to accept that many questions will be unanswered.

If you are extremely hard on yourself as I have been in the past or ignore the realities of taking care of yourself and attending to your personal needs, including physical and emotional, you increased the speed of life.

Part of my routine now is to take time not just to pray but to let down all the pressures of life and do nothing but relax. I am determined to take time to enjoy life regardless of its realistic hardship and uncertainty. Life whether we like it or not will present hardship, ignorance of the people and world around us, statements would be made that are injurious and risky to our well being People will slander and label us, it’s part of my experience I am willing to acknowledge, but yet I am not deterred, but to note that there is more to life.

Increasing the speed of life leads to major complications, frustration, health and relationship will become the casualty of the mad race.

More love more power,
Reverend Rowland Jide Macaulay

No comments: